Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Best Things To Eat Before Working Out




healty workout foodsDoes this sound typical for you? You’re all dressed in your workout gear and ready to go sweat some calories away, but first you need to eat to give your body fuel.
If you are like me, it can be confusing to know what foods you should eat before working out. Some people really like waking up in the morning and getting right to their work out on an empty stomach, while others like to focus on carbohydrates and protein. What’s the right thing to do?
You are the only one that knows your body, so you know best. If you are one of the ones that enjoy working out on an empty stomach and feel great doing so, keep it up. It’s obviously working for you. For me, it’s a different story.
When I tried running on an empty stomach, I felt dizzy and knew that I needed food in my body before. It’s like my mom always told me, food is to your body like gas is to a car. We all need food for energy and this is true when working out. Without food I feel slow in everything I do whether it’s running or yoga. I feel like something is blocking me from giving the exercise my all. I’m tired and cannot wait to finish.
So yeah, I need food prior to working out because my body needs a kick-start of energy… but what kind of food is best? A meal or snack that’s made from carbohydrates and protein is best. It’s best to eat forty-five minutes to an hour before working out.
Here’s a list of snacks that are awesome and will give you the energy you need:
  • Cottage cheese with honey, bananas, berries, and cinnamon sprinkled on the top.
  • Whole-wheat bagel with almond butter: You can also use peanut butter, jam, or honey.
  • Protein shake: Vanilla whey protein, spinach, unsweetened almond milk, banana, and any other fruit you want
  • Whole-wheat toast with almond butter, sliced bananas, and cinnamon sprinkled on top.
  • Grilled chicken with quinoa (if you work out later in the day or if you don’t mind eating this for breakfast)
  • Oatmeal with fruit
  • Greek yogurt with fruit or honey
  • Tuna mixed with avocado
  • Whole-wheat bread toasted with cheese and egg whites on top
All of the above snacks are packed with all the protein and carbohydrates you need to be fueled throughout your workout. In addition to eating smart before exercising, it’s really important to hydrate yourself. It’s a good idea to drink water a lot of water through out the day so that your body is always hydrated.
How do you know how much water your body needs during the day? It’s a good rule of thumb to drink half your weight. For example, if you weigh 150lbs, you want to aim to drink at least 75ounces of water in a 24-hour period.
If you keep your body hydrated and eat a good mix of protein and carbohydrates prior to working out, you will be prepared to have the most fab workout ever!

*Facebook: www.facebook.com/glambitionuniqueblendswithtonyia
                 www.facebook.com/coachtonyia
*Instagram: www.instagram.com/trodriguezshort
*Twitter: www.twitter.com/tonyiashort1
*YouTube: www.youtube.com/reachtonyia
*Email: coachtonyia@gmail.com & glambitionuniqueblends@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment