Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Healthy Green Protein Shake


Protein shakes have been all the rage for quite some time now. It’s healthy to have for breakfast, to eat after a work out, or if you just want a refreshing snack on a cool day! Just about every morning I drink a protein shake/smoothie for breakfast. It’s fast, easy, and fills me up for many hours after until it’s lunchtime. I love it!

What do I put in my protein shake?

My must-have ingredients are: Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein Powder, Organic spinach leaves, 1 banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and cinnamon. Seriously. So. Good.
How do I make it?
My Green Shake In A BlenderI put 1 cup of my unsweetened vanilla almond milk in the blender, then add 1 spoonful of Shakeology Protein Powder OR a Whey Protein Powder of your choice and then put 2 handfuls (or more) of spinach on top (the more spinach, the better in my opinion). I blend those ingredients first to get everything all liquid-y and then I add my banana and cinnamon. Sometimes I use a frozen banana to make it more frothy, but it’s just as good using a regular banana, too. I blend again and that’s all!
If it’s a hot summer day and I’m looking to have a refreshingly cool shake, I add about 5 ice cubes in the blender to make it a little thicker in consistency. You can add more fruit to the mix too. Frozen strawberries, cherries, and blueberries are really yummy and give it a little more yumminess in the flavor department. My husband also likes to add a little peanut butter in his, which is delicious as well, especially with blueberries!
Having a shake like this is awesome if you have kids, too. Talk about healthy and teaching your children just how good something can be, even though it’s healthy. Ha, ha! My sons thinks it’s really fun to see just how green he can make his shake and I think it’s awesome to see him keep adding more and more spinach. Seriously a win-win for us both! It’s just such a healthy snack for kids (and adults) and I love to hear my son ask if he can have one. (Of course, I don’t add the protein powder in his shake, but do add all of the other ingredients.)
Green Protien Shake In A CupI’ve tried adding kale and celery to my shake in the past, but the flavor was a little too, um, earthy for my liking. (I will just stick to making kale chips instead. Now those are really, really good!)
I’ve heard some people add garlic too, but I’m guessing that’s got to be an acquired taste. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love garlic so much, but adding it in a shake just seems like it would be a bit overpowering, at least in my opinion.
If you drink a protein shake during the day, what do you put in yours? I’m always looking for more ingredients to add to make a great shake and to get in extra veggies, too!
*Facebook: www.facebook.com/glambitionuniqueblendswithtonyia
                 www.facebook.com/coachtonyia
*Instagram: www.instagram.com/trodriguezshort
*Twitter: www.twitter.com/tonyiashort1
*YouTube: www.youtube.com/reachtonyia
*Email: coachtonyia@gmail.com & glambitionuniqueblends@gmail.com
*Websites: www.glambitionuniqueblends.com
                  www.cuttfitnessatlanta.com
                  www.mynutritionclub.us

No comments:

Post a Comment