Sunday, June 29, 2014

30 Day Challenge To Be Your Best Self




Be Fabulous iPhone AlarmDo you just feel like life gets so busy at times and you just float from one thing to do to another? You know, take the kids to their activities, go to the grocery store, fill up the tank with gas, make dinner, bath time with the kids, and on and on. Like you’re so busy every single day, but there’s nothing super substantial going on. (And believe me, I know as moms we are important and even having clean laundry folded every day is a feat in itself, but I’m talking more about us as individuals, not moms.)
I’ve been feeling this way.
There’s so much that I want to do with my life, but I feel like, while I do have short & long term goals, I’m just going through the daily motions with no solid plan. I have a 5 children...so things come up. I can sit down to write, but maybe they decide that’s the time they want a snack so my time is interrupted. And forget being productive after they go to bed because I’m tired. I just want to relax and watch TV or read. At that point all I want to do is check out and have some time doing absolutely nothing. (I’m clearly more of a morning person.)
I met a new friend spontaneously for coffee yesterday morning. We ran into each other while dropping our kids off at summer camp and decided to go for coffee. (See, I’m just a floater with no real plans.) Anyways… we started chatting and surprisingly we are a lot alike and have a lot in common… and just for the record, I feel like it’s really rare to find people that you just click with right away when it comes to things that are more deep than talking about going on vacation.
To make a long story short, we decided to start a challenge for the next 30 days and help motivate each other because she feels the exact same way that I do. And, I’m really excited. While today marks only the first day, I was really excited to wake up early this morning and have time to myself.

My 30-Day Challenge

My challenge is to wake up early every morning (6am, WHAAAAT!) so that I can drink my coffee, manage my Younique Business and BeachBody Business, and write my plans for the day. What I’m most excited about is just having quiet time to myself. I mentioned earlier that I’m more of a morning person than night owl, but I really like my sleep. A lot. I usually wake up around this time every morning, so this is not really  going to be quite a change for me.
In addition to waking up early, another part of my 30-day challenge is to blog every single day. There’s so much that pops in my head on a daily basis, but taking time to sit down and collect my thoughts is another story. See, now I can wake up early and focus on a blog post for the day. In peace and quiet. I’m pretty pumped.
The final part of my challenge is to try to drink my beloved wine only on the weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). I already blew that today, as I had a drink at lunch with my mom, but hey, two out of three ain’t bad. Ha, ha!
Is there anything you’d like to challenge yourself to do in order to better a better mom, wife, or just a fabulous person in general? If so, let me know and we can do it together. It’s always easier when you have a group cheering you on! Here’s to bettering ourselves and being the best self we can!
*Facebook: www.facebook.com/glambitionuniqueblendswithtonyia
                 www.facebook.com/coachtonyia
*Instagram: www.instagram.com/trodriguezshort
*Twitter: www.twitter.com/tonyiashort1
*YouTube: www.youtube.com/reachtonyia
*Email: coachtonyia@gmail.com & glambitionuniqueblends@gmail.com
*Websites: www.glambitionuniqueblends.com
                www.beachbodycoach.com/reachtonyia

No comments:

Post a Comment